FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Platinum Complimentary Upgrade
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:46 pm
trustno1

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
One complimentary upgrade allows you an upgrade on either the outbound or inbound segment of the journey. Speaking as a Concierge member, usually I ring EI Aer Club and give them my proposed flight details. They check there and then to see if business class seats are available. This can be confirmed on the call or sometimes you are asked to call back 24-48 hours later. If seats are available then you go ahead and book, provide the booking reference to Aer Club and they confirm the upgrade at that stage. You might find the outbound is available but not the inbound or vice versa. It helps if your travel plans are flexible. The SFO route is a difficult one to bag and I only succeeded with one of 3 attempts. Usually on this route (in my experience) EI will not confirm an upgrade until close to travel. Sometimes the week of travel itself. In one instance (where a flight was fully booked) I used an upgrade at the gate due to a no show. Best of luck with your plans.

Last edited by trustno1; Sep 2, 2017 at 5:54 pm