Old Sep 2, 17, 6:15 am
inngookcho

Programs: SPG
Le Méridien Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Moderator Note: Pre-opening discussion can be found in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ep-2017-a.html

I have booked this hotel to celebrate Le Méridien's opening at Seoul. I personally like to visit hotel on opening date, since it's one of the most important part of the hotel history. For Le Meridien Seoul, it was lifetime experience.

When I arrived hotel, front manager told me room is not ready. I was very curious and suspicious How room could not be ready on a day of opening? Associates suggested me to stay at smaller room for couple of hours, and he will give me a new key for my original room when I come back few hours later. When I arrived at my smaller room, it was not that clean. There was a dust, and stickers all over the room, but since it's an opening date, I just let it go and rest easy and waiting for my studio suite. After few hour, I went down to front manager and after few calls I got my new key.

When I arrived at the room, it was total disaster. There was no sofa yet, Phone/TV was not installed, bathroom was in a process of cleaning, floor was not clean at all. Room was still in construction. After half an hour of inspection of whole place, I made a conclusion that it was not mistake made by manager; this hotel is simply not ready at all.

Swimming pool, spa facilities, sauna, most of restaurants are still on construction. Executive lounge was about to finish its construction at 5:03pm, as they should start happy hour at 5:30pm. Most of rooms/floors are still under construction. Worker are moving construction materials everywhere. It was simply dangerous to stay at this hotel.

I decided to cancel my stay and called SPG Contact Center. When I explained situation, they asked me back, "So... you mean your room is not clean?". After 30 minutes of phone call between SPG-hotel-me, hotel gave me full refund. There was lots more guests who got refund. I was surprised that SPG has not acknowledge this situation until then.

I was not only disappointed at property, but also SPG as well. There was clearly no SPG associates at opening category 6 hotel. Would they says its because they are not managing this property? They really need to block making a new reservation through their website and application, until hotel is ready for the guests. I felt so bad for all the employees, they were about to cry. There is nothing they could other then repeating "sorry...", even if it's not their fault.

Do not stay at this hotel until December. Also category 6 is overrated for this property. Price seems to be overpriced as well.

Last edited by yosithezet; Sep 2, 17 at 6:35 am