FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSM - Onboard Service Manager on AC flights
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:13 pm
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I don't understand some of you folks. Often, you voice some legitimate concerns, and they are even touched on again in this thread, with the references to the state of cleanliness, quality of food etc. Yet, when the airline puts a person on board to see how the customers are taken care of, to observe the delivery of service, and the state of the cabin and meals served, some grumble. Please give this a chance.

This initiative is part and parcel of delivering what Calin and his C suite minions call Onboard Customer Service Excellence. When you see the special "agent" share with him/her your concern as to the quality of the flight you are on. I would have loved to have one of these people on my most recent TPACs.

I would have taken the piece of shoe leather AC served me and asked this person to have a gnaw on the gristle and sinew and asked why the airline served industrial grade stewing beef described as prime steak. I would have shown the agent my filthy tray table. When I went to use the disgusting airborne latrine/outhouse 6 hours in, I'd have invited the agent to come and enjoy the invigorating aroma of gooey feces with an overlayer of pungent urine.

The airline needs to have these managers onboard so that they can see first hand how poor the F&B is, the state of the cabins and of course, appreciate that there is just so much an under staffed cabin crew can do.