FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase rule: only one Sapphire card
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:24 am
9Benua
Suspended

Originally Posted by RNE
Are you going to keep both the CSP and CSR cards? If so, what's your thinking on this?

Why do you both have the same cards? Why not make one spouse an authorized user on the other's card? That would reduce your combined annual fees. Both spouses would still get their own Priority Pass cards.

RNE, awaiting enlightenment.
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
At a minimum, the answer could just be signup bonuses. My wife and I fly Alaska. With the new Alaska lounge rules not allowing guests with the CSR PP, that was a small bit of reason why we both got CSRs. But we will both drop/PC the CSP when AF comes due.

As others have mentioned, for the bonus of course. We're not planning to keep both CSP & CSR after 1 year. I prefer to re-apply them 24 months later to get the bonus again. The only fee paying card I kept are the hotel cards (IHG, Hyatt, Marriott) and citi AA (since they keep re-imbursing my annual fee)

My question: Why do you guys need to downgrade CSP or CSR to freedom instead of closing it? I have a freedom card, I don't need another one. I rarely use my freedom card outside their 5% category. I prefer to close, since I need the spot & credit limit for other chase cards. Do I miss anything?