FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:46 pm
Singapore_Air

Thumbs up Grand Hyatt Beijing - April 2017

Despite the distasteful World of Hyatt, I booked a three night stay at the Grand Hyatt Beijing.

Check-in:

I asked to check-in at the Grand Club as we arrived at around 0845. Check-in took a few minutes but the staff were very friendly.

I had used a Diamond Suite Upgrade voucher and was very pleased to hear that they had upgraded us (3 of us) to a "Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite".

Grand Club Breakfast:

As we were 3, I didn't try to chance having breakfast at the main restaurant. The Grand Club offering was impressive in terms of breadth and quality anyway so it was satisfying.

Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite:

Grand Club Happy Hour:

The drink selection is decent but no champagne is offered (there was beer including Corona). The food offerings are of good quality and there are a la carte options (separate section below).

Appetisers rotate daily (three pictures below):

Hot dishes rotate daily (four pictures below):

A la carte dishes rotate daily (five pictures below):

Desserts rotate daily (four pictures below):

As it was Easter, we asked at the end of the night to take away one of the edible decorations:

Gym and pool:

Unfortunately I have no photos. The gym is very well-equipped and not very busy. The pool was really good - long and not crowded - in a great setting in the basement. Pictures of the gym and pool can be found here: https://beijing.grand.hyatt.com/en/h...ities/spa.html

Conclusion:

A really excellent stay at the Grand Hyatt Beijing with consistently great staff, particularly at the Grand Club who are efficient and friendly. The extra suite upgrade was particularly appreciated and the Grand Club offering at breakfast and happy hour is very strong.

Last edited by Singapore_Air; Aug 31, 2017 at 9:57 pm