FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discover card options?
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:01 pm
flyershmlyer

Originally Posted by pattermj
So we just started at a new daycare and the only credit card they take is Discover (kind of amazes me as I thought Discover had a higher charge rate vs others but whatever). I don't have a discover card but figure this is a reason to get one as I expect daycare to run around 8-10k a year. The question is which one.

Seems the two most popular right now are the IT CB and IT Miles. The IT Miles seems like the best option simply because it is essentially 1.5% CB it just has to be used towards travel purchases you made with the card, correct? The 5% back on the IT CB I am not sure is as useful as I already have the Amazon prime card but then again at least the first year for Q4 I could get 10% back at amazon but after the first year it seems like minimal benefit as we also have Chase Freedom.

So wondering if anyone here has any suggestions/advice? Are there other discover brand cards out there worth looking at?

thanks
don't forget discover gives you double cashback/miles first year. so the 1.5% CB card is 3% for the first year.