FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues with no gatePass
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:25 pm
sbiddle

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Top of climb
That's just dumb. I'd wager that most if not all travellers connect having a boarding pass with having checked in. If NZ are now requiring you to separately check in then the "view boarding pass" button should be disabled until you have actually checked in - especially when up to now clicking "view boarding pass" has sufficed to let you board the plane at less than T-20. Or at the very least the boarding pass that pops up when you click "view boarding pass" should have an endorsement that says YOU MUST CHECK IN FOR THIS BOARDING PASS TO BE VALID or similar.
It's an incredibly small % of passengers who don't check in - most people understand it's just normal process so don't have that mind-set.

As I mentioned above maybe Air NZ need to change things because there do seem to be a few people on here and some frequent flyers who seem to have a different interpretation and expectation to Air NZ and are oblivious to the process.

You couldn't disable the 2D barcode from displaying until the pax has checked in because scanning this at the kiosk is the normal process used by a lot of people (incl myself) to grab my details when I'm checking a bag.