FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lost luggage - who's responsibility?
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:25 am
simons1

Originally Posted by mmogdan
Yes, I am really interested in who is responsible for our bags, is it Qatar or is it BA? Surely it seems a bit unfair for BA, who have to now find, administer and deliver our bags - and, presumably, if I decide to submit any claims, have to settle the claims too?

As it turns out, my wife's bag has been found, but as of yet, mine has not. We were away on a 4.5 week trip and I literally have very little clothes at home - would it be unreasonable to claim for some basic clothes?
I think several people have already advised you that it is BA that is responsible.

It isn't really up to the traveller to determine the fairness of the situation. Partly because you don't really know who is responsible for the loss, and partly because the airlines have their own mechanism for apportioning responsibility.

As for claiming, yes, you can do that. I suspect in your case if you are returning home you may be challenged a bit more around what constitutes 'essentials', as there is a reasonable expectation that at your home you will at least have access to basic requirements to cover you for a few days. The alternative of course is to speak to your travel insurer.

These are always frustrating circumstances but realistically all you can do is keep World Tracer updated and await final delivery.