FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:05 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Superorb
I couldn't find anything public, but here's what it says in my account.

Earning miles

-Earn 2X miles on your qualifying travel and dining purchases.
-Earn 1X miles on all your other purchases.

Using my miles

Redeem your miles for travel statement credits, starting at 2,500 miles for $25 toward all or a portion of your qualifying travel purchases in the last 120 days. Do you not have a travel purchase? You can also redeem for cash back statement credits starting at 2,500 miles for $12.50, gift cards starting at 5,000 miles for $25 and merchandise.

Benefits

-Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem.
-Enjoy global acceptance with your chip-enabled card so you can make purchases while abroad as easily as you do at home.
-As a cardmember, you can view your FICOŽ Score online - at no charge, with no hidden fees and no sales pitches.
Thank you.

Before I attempt to downgrade my Arrival+, let me confirm I need to. I have 3,280 points on my Arrival+ with no eligible travel charges presently. If I put a $100+ hotel stay on that card, I can use 2,500 points ($25) as a statement credit, right? Thus being left with 780+125=905 points, which wouldn't be enough to be used as a statement credit with the downgraded card either. Right?