FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:40 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Not a massive choice for the end of September....

Oryx Rotana Doha, Warwick Doha, The Westin Doha Hotel and Spa, Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Fraser Suites Doha, Souq Waqif boutique Hotels, W Doha Hotel and Residences, InterContinental Doha,The City

What would you recommend?

We would probably have two nights (second @ $50), but never been to Doha before.

Would probably like to eat locally rather than having all meals at the hotel - is breakfast pricey at these hotels, as they all appear to be room only?

Have Gold status with Marriott / SPG but doubt that will be of benefit (not sure on the chains for the others)

Mind you just looked at the price of the hotels and they are mostly around or under £100 per night - so one has to question the value of the offer anyway. I do accept that $50 is a quarter of this, but had the idea that this was a bargain as rates would be much higher.

Still open to suggestions however on the list above

Thanks!
I stayed at the Marriott, (Sharq was not available). Hotel aesthetic is a bit dated but otherwise fine. It is connected to the mall so was useful in July heat when you cannot be outside for long. Has a pool and a nice fitness room. As MRR Gold, got free breakfast in restaurant. There is also an exec lounge but I did not visit so cannot comment on the spread.