FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:33 am
cochinjew

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
Plus Qatar Stay

I am a great fan of QR and go out of the way to fly them.. and have Platinum status with them. For years I did not have much interest in staying in Doha and the only time I left the airport was when a transit hotel was organized by QR mostly at Oryx Rotana: a nice hotel just to sleep for a few hours.
I decided to take advantage of the 2 nights offer and so far in a couple of months I have stayed at
Marriott Marquis City Centre (an absolutely wonderful stay)
Westin
ShangriLa
Ritz Carlton
I have written blogs about it, if you go to my blog and search DOHA, you will find them
www.medicoanthropologist.blogspot.com
I now have a new respect for all the people that make QATAR and a good understanding of the mindset of the people who sacrifice to come and work there, believe me, the Majority of them are happy to be in Qatar!
I support the State of Qatar during its current diplomatic crisis and one of my flights to Alexandria was changed to Larnaca (Beirut would have been better or even Amman, then could have just hopped over to Tel Aviv).
We no longer have to apply for a visa and everything is automated that, after booking just check out the hotel. I wish i had more time at Ritz Carlton or ShangriLa appeared another time. I enjoyed all the stays and my Gold status at Marriott was recognized and also at Westin . No charge for breakfast otherwise a whopping 130 QAR and not worth it. The Executive Lounge at Ritz Carlton is just gorgeous
I look forward to taking advantage of it next year. The sights of Qatar can be seen very quickly but the people who work there, have no great expectations and they do their best to make your stay a wonderful one.
The Govt of Cuba runs a hospital there (entirely staffed by Cubans from Cuba) so dont be surprised if you run into Cubans in Qatar. Cubans also do not need a visa to enter Qatar.
Wonderful Offer and I am grateful to QR and Qatar Tourism for this wonderful gift