FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:01 am
Pascoe

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is no doubt that the new product and food is impressive and it will be a pleasure to deliver, I think 99% of customers will be impressed.
I'm sure there are going to be some delivery problems but that's why it is being launched with WW crew, we will take no .... from our management and if it doesn't work it will have to change.
This new service will cause problems with our current seat as many of the course have to be viewed from the trolley so the screen will be up and down more often, when we get the new seat we will start laying up the tables rather than use trays.
Something that hasn't been mentioned is the impact on the WT plus/WT cabins, on the B744 mid J there will be one less crewmember working there meaning just 4 crew for 235 customers, on the B777 there will be just 3 for the bar service.
WT main meals will be served on a smaller 2/3 tray to allow for the extra catering in CW.
The new bedding is fantastic and will also make a real difference.
All sounding promising and I am totally willing to be open minded about it.

One comment earlier though I would echo - the new bedding will be no use if the cabins are sweltering. And I still don't fully understand why so often this is the case. All CC I have ever asked have flat out denied cranking up the heat to make the pax sleepy, but no-one has ever given me a decent explanation for why it happens with such dull, metronomic regularity either.

Is there a thread elsewhere for this? Don't want to disrupt the current one...