FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:43 am
Pascoe

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I pre booked this about 3ish weeks ago and it was a curry mustard sauce then.
I never saw it being described as anything else. I have been known to google menu items that I didn't know !
Well being perfectly honest I wasn't sure what a Cafe De Paris sauce was either.

So I also googled. It is a butter based sauce that also features some mustard and some curry powder. Sounds in theory revolting...BUT...

One of the hits I got when googling was to a review of the steak frites at a little chain called L'Entrecote / La Relais De Venise (I can never figure out why it has two names). I think there are only three? in London - City / Wharf and Marylebone High Street (aka Petit Paris). if you like a steak and haven't tried it, I'd reccomend you do. It's a great concept - nothing at all on the menu for mains - you're having steak frites and that's it. All they ask is what you want with it wine wise, and how you want it cooked.

They do two things that make it worth a visit in my opinion...

1) They serve you half your meal first. Then, when you're done, you get the other half of your steak delivered (plus more frites if wanted), still piping hot. Which is a really nice touch.

2) They serve it with a nice sauce (see - there was always a point to my story) which, I am only now led to believe is a Cafe de Paris sauce.

So I'll be seeing what BA have done with it in just over a week. Unless missdimeaner comes back from her trip first and strongly advises me otherwise......