FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible to upgrade N fare?
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:40 am
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Usually, domestic same day paid upgrade is credited as an upgraded class.
In my experience, BA and CX credit my same day upgrade flights as upgraded classes.
That is my experience also. I have done day of the flight upgrade at the airport on international flight from Economy to Premium Economy. Miles was credited as originally purchased Economy fare.

When I have done day of the flight upgrade at the airport on domestic flight from Economy to Class J, miles was credited as Class J. However, funny thing is that once I purchased Class J up front during the time of ticketing in advance, where miles was credited as Business I fare. When I did the day of the flight upgrade at an airport from Economy to Class J, where miles was credited as Business J fare.

More miles was credited to my AAdvantage account for day of the flight upgrade at an airport, than when I purchasing Class J up front during ticketing in advance. Both cases same route, miles based on the route was same. Where at many airlines day of the flight upgrade at an airport usually credit miles to originally purchased class, not class flown.