FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet "Hands Free" option
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:33 am
timmillea

The link to the easyJet info on 'Hands Free' is:
https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/bagg...d-hold-luggage

I think this is a fantastic service. Yes, you have the bother of going to the drop-off counter and waiting at the carousel at the other end but for £4 you can avoid major security hassles, moving your bag all through the airport AND, a major bonus, is no restrictions on liquids!

Manchester airport security have replaced the human looking at the scanner with artificial intelligence which automatically selects every maxi-sized cabin bag for hand-searching - consequently causing delays of 40 mins+ EVERY TIME. I am very happy to pay £4 to avoid that - even though it should not happen, it does.

I have a maxed-out cabin size trolley case of exactly 56cm x 45cm x 25cm which, with careful planning, is enough for an 'infinite wardrobe'.

If booking 'Up Front' or extra legroom seating or a Flexi fare (or you are a Plus member) you are also allowed a second bag of 45cm x 36cm x 20cm - e.g. a small backpack - to take onboard again with no weight limit. Great for laptop, camera, other valuables and things needed in-flight. These categories can also use the priority bag-drop lane and board first - if you want (I prefer to be last-on and first-off).