FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LIM 9 hour transit questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:36 pm
Windward Side of Life

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by rubesl
We've used & I recommend, taxidatum.com for transportation. Their rate is US$20 each way between LIM & Miaflores (you make arrangements with them ahead of time & pay the driver with cash). The traffic is lousy & the ride will be over an hour each way. It's subjective if it's worth it, but if it was me, I would leave Miaflores by 2 p.m. for 4:40 flight.
Thanks much for your input. I’ll admit that I’m kind of leaning towards the shuttle bus since it can be booked online ahead of time, no need for cash w/d at the airport. Plus wifi enroute would be nice though not critical.

I’m thinking that maybe we’d take it to the first stop (Hotel Torreblanca) then just walk along the chain of parks atop the sea cliffs and end up at the Larcomar area for some lunch. From there we can either catch the shuttle bus or, probably better, a cab back to the airport. It looks to be between 1.5-2 miles of walking thru the parks between the Torreblanca and Larcomar, do I understand correctly that there are footpaths the whole way? The weather forecast for Lima on Thursday is pretty decent, so if it holds then a nice walk along the ocean front seems like a good idea after the flying.

And we will definitely leave before 2 PM, probably 1:30 PM is as late as I’d be comfortable going. I think even 3 hours would be worth it to me to get out and be able to walk in ocean air, have a nice lunch and see the city from a taxi window.

Last edited by Windward Side of Life; Aug 29, 2017 at 6:02 pm