FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar operated BA route (strike)
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:39 pm
Fitch

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nivsy
Tonight Qatar metal ex GLA to LHR by. A320. nice wee change with full load. Crisps and biccies and free drink with smiling staff. It was the older 320 I think though but row 15 emergency exit seats were fine. Did notice though seat belt signs on at top of decent and tables to be up still 25 minutes from landing.
This afternoon's BA 0444 LHR-AMS was operated by a QR A320.

I was sat in a standard Y seat and frankly the whole experience was underwhelming:

• Seat pitch seemed tighter than ET (and I had flown ABZ-LHR earlier that day so it was fresh in my mind), though to be fair the seat was soft
  • We were boarding complete several minutes before STD yet there was an incredible amount of faffing about with luggage which meant that in the end we pushed back several minutes late.
  • The CC seemed very disorganised and I got the distinct impression they were not a happy family...
  • Economy trolley had brakes that didn't really work, so pax were having to hold onto it while CC served !!
  • When I had remarked to an agent in the CCR that I was going on a *QR service, she said "Ooh nice, they're still fully catered". Umm no, a pack of Walkers Ready Salted and a couple of biscuits actually...
  • As noted above, seat belt signs on almost from TOD, rather than BA's 10 minutes...

I know that most of the above is not 100% on QR, but even so, I won't be hugging myself with excitement next time I see "Operated by Qatar Airways" on the screens