FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying first with baby
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:16 am
SRG80

Originally Posted by Pascoe
Oh - one more absolutely vital thing.

CHANGE OF CLOTHING (and I mean complete one) for the nipper. Long haul maybe two changes. If you have some sort of an 'incident' and you don't have this, it's not a good situation.

Consider also a spare top for yourself, in case you should catch the brunt of, ahem, 'something'.

If for some reason you need a VERY large loo, the upstairs ones on the A380 (ie in J) are enormous. but tbh, for simple nappy changes, I actually find the confinement of a more regular sized loo makes it easier to stop him rolling away (and if you hit a spot of turbulence you can more easily brace yourself against a wall).

Also, when getting near to landing maybe be proactive in changing nappy etc before the usual rush once the '20 mins to seatbelt sign' announcement goes out. Although in F I think you're reasonably well catered for.
Change of clothing for you and the little is very important, we've had some interesting moments when this has been critical!

Agree with the other points above as well, milk for take off and landing to help with the pressure. Particularly on landing, try and space it out as you don't want to run out part way down.

Baby G has flown 4F sectors, 3J sectors and 2Y sectors; the only flights we've had any angry faces were on the Y sectors. We've always found our fellow travellers in J&F plus the cabin crew to be friendly and helpful, particularly if you're doing your best!