FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 person serving F
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:26 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER99
Just to finish this off, this was the reply to my last effort that I received today. Seriously, the bit about complimentary!!!

Will not give up on principle now ...!

Dear XXXX

Thanks for your email regarding our conversation on the phone on Thursday. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with our response.

I realise you were unhappy with the service you received on board. The day you travelled, our focus was on operating as many of our flights as possible so we could recover from the disruption to our schedule. This meant we had to make operational changes on some of our flights.

As we’ve discussed previously, all additional services are complimentary and we always try to provide these services when possible. We appreciate that you feel the service was not adequate as there was only one crew member serving all five passengers. We have provided a sufficient amount of crew for the number of passengers in each cabin based on the Civil Aviation Authority guidelines. I’m sure you’ll understand we must apply a consistent approach to situations like this, so we’re fair to all our customers. This means we won’t make an exception. I know this will be disappointing to hear since it’s clear you expected more from us.

We’re very grateful for your feedback as it’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

Best regards
Another poor response. You paid for and expected a certain quality and level of service that you simply did not receive; industrial action is no excuse for that failure. Whilst additional services are complimentary at the point of delivery, they are very much included in the price of the ticket you purchased.

Industrial action is no excuse for poor or reduced service. You paid the full price of the ticket and so you should expect to receive the full advertised service.