FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:18 am
SpicyMorale

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Trip update:

Arrived just after 3pm, got a front desk associate quickly who was also a tad late and glad we got there at the time we did because after we checked in the line was getting long. Nearly every employee (talking the bellboy and valet we simply walked past, the front desk associate, the line gatherer, cashier/waiter/seater at the Wicked Spoon) was welcoming and very nice, almost alarmingly so.

The break in luckily happened just after we checked in, and my girlfriends top was at least half on as we were headed to the pool. The two staff members lingered too long like they were casing us out and didn't even apologize, simply said we didn't realize the room was taken, yeah okay. AFAIK that was the only one but we locked up all our important stuff in our suitcases and nothing was stolen.

Balcony is something else and that alone might entice my girlfriend to go again. We were facing a pool and McCarran and it wasn't that bad on the 39th floor.

The room was clean, outside on the balcony being dirty I'm fine with (look at the Luxor). A previous poster was correct, don't look to close as you will notice stains and burn marks of rooms that get run hard and fast.

No incorrect mini bar purchases, one of the tv's was slower than acceptable.

The Wicked Spoon is the best buffet I have been to for dinner (Flavor's in it's hay day, the Rio, the Orleans, Mirage, TI, Stratosphere all pale in comparison), that being said it still is a buffet. Is it worth it? To try it out and earn points yeah. The sorbet's are what really got me and you should definitely start with deserts and end with them too. I found there carving station lacking, fried chicken bland, and shrimp cocktail in a glass cup kinda sad-if these simple staples of a Las Vegas buffet were done at least okay I would go again but it's ultimately meh and just nice to look at. There's a metaphor in there somewhere. I'm glad I was not the only food snob as my gf and her brother both agreed with a similar assessment.

Tl;dr Nice property, get a balcony, lock your stuff up, earn those points!

Last edited by SpicyMorale; Aug 28, 2017 at 3:20 am Reason: clarity