FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BHX - PMI - Club Perks?
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:30 am
Simmonds87

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton DIA, Accor Plat, IHG Spire, Marriot Titanium Elite, Total Rewards Diamond
Absolute shambles!

Problems started at check-in where the check-in staff didn't know the BA rules and questioned if we were allowed any bags in Club! We then asked about the lounge and they told us they had no idea if there was one and they had no vouchers to give us. We were told to ask the lounge (I knew from MMB it was the aspire lounge).
I didn't even bother asking about fast track security the check-in ladies were not interested in helping.

Luckily security was was only a 5-10 minute affair.
We found the lounge, and the staff told welcomed me saying "BA Flight, Club, no problem" a good start! How're the next line was "We shut at 9:45" the flight was due to take off at 11pm!
Luckily the drinks were chilled, if you were after food there was a pot of tomato pasta and a handful of stale cakes or a bag of crisp. I've never heard so many people complain on entering a lounge! (BA had 3 flights that night I think... Palma, Ibiza, Malaga).

We were all kicked out around 10pm where we thought we'd have a wander around the shops, wrong they were shut! We then decided on a trip to the loo to find they were also closed for cleaning.... luckily there was another open around the corner.

The gate opened about 10:30 and was only a 5 minute walk away, we sat in the glass holding pen waiting for other passengers to arrive, and we boarded quickly about 10:45.

There were only 7 of us in a 10/11 row Club and 45 people total on the plane.
Service on the Plane was one of the best I've had and the Chicken Katsu was vey welcomed after the lounge issues."!
The flight was over in no time!