FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel advice for night prior to 6am departure
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:42 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by angra
Thanks this is good help. Thanks!

I'm not a night owl, so pulling an all nighter sounds a little bit like a fallback choice (though more or less what I had planned to start with).

I need to update my status info, I've been demoted to Gold with Hilton, and I have gold with another alliance (I always forget which) due to Amex Plat.
IIRC AmEx Plat gives Gold with Hilton and SPG, but you must request it. If you link your Starwood and Marriott accounts, their current merger's status match provision makes you also Gold with Marriott, which means lounge access at Marriott side properties (as MR Golds get more benefits than SPG Golds, but MR Gold normally requires more nights).

Assuming you're on the DL SIN flight, they open check in at around 3 am for the 6 am departure (with seasonal variations). You can seemingly do OLCI, but you cannot complete the process until you're at the airport and the check in counter is open for the DL flight. It's a pain IMO.

I'd much prefer to spend the night in a SIN transit hotel, which I have done when flying SQ as SQ permits check in and going airside 48 hours before the flight. Very nice and relaxing.

There's a badly overpriced Crowne Plaza landside at the airport, but IMO it's not at all a solution and I'm not even sure than you wan walk from that hotel to check in at T1 (which DL uses).