FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Seminyak Bali [Master Thread]
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:25 pm
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I recently spent a couple nights here, figuring I might as well check off the last Bali SPG property I hadn’t stayed at. I concur with the posts above that this is an ok Four Points; like the other posters, I’m not very likely to return.

Staff were friendly, and I was upgraded to a junior suite. The hotel has quite a few suites -- 4 full and over a dozen junior by my (admittedly rough) count -- so upgrade chances are quite good. My junior suite was on the top floor and had a view of the ocean in the distance (although many suites do not; the building is shaped _________|___ and the |___ is where the suites are located; for a view, you want to be on the top floor in the ___ part -- rooms 562 and 564). The suite is about 600sqft, with some tapestry behind the bed, but overall the room has a pretty plain feeling. Unfortunately, my room was in a bit of disrepair and not cleaned well -- the sliding door lock was broken, curtains were mismatched and didn’t close all the way, the floor, furniture, and printed materials all had stains, and there was visible dirt laying on the floor (hair, crumbs, dead bugs). I didn’t want to complain, especially seeing that staff were so friendly, but I didn’t feel comfortable with the condition of the room.

Breakfast was very good for a Four Points -- I rarely stay at this brand, but had a couple of surprisingly good breakfast buffets in the last few months (here and Hakodate). I also ordered room service one night -- acceptable and very reasonably priced. Drinks at the rooftop bar were ok -- a surprisingly creative drink list (for a Four Points), and there’s a happy hour between 5 and 7 (so it’s easy to swing by after the 4-6 happy hour at the W). The highlight of the stay wasn’t so much culinary as it was practical, though. When I’m on the road for many weeks at a time, I like to stay at places where I can do my own laundry every now and then. I thought I read that this hotel had a laundromat; it doesn’t, but their rates are super cheap (30 cents for a pair of socks), so for under $20, I had the entire contents of my suitcase washed.

The location, as others have pointed out, is not good. The road is very narrow, and currently under construction. With traffic, it’s no fun to walk. The ocean (and W/Potato Head/etc) is about 7-10 minutes away, but it’s not a pretty walk -- including a very narrow pathway that’s unlit after dark. I still found it pretty easy to get around, but I understand why a lot of people would find the location off-putting. I think Seminyak has a lot to offer, and this hotel is certainly an option worth considering for a cheap stay -- rates often in the 600-800k IDR range make this good value for budget-minded Plats.