FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Six days in Berlin
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:52 pm
STS Flight Surgeon
Suspended

Programs: UA
Six days in Berlin

Found a great fare to Berlin next Saturday, so I plan to spend six days in the vicinity. I expect to do a lot of walking around the city itself and try to cover all the usual landmarks.

I've read about passes for public transit which sound good. Any opinions on this or other available passes? https://www.berlin.de/en/tourism/189...mecard.en.html

How much is there to see in Potsdam, and how much time would you devote to that area? I'll head up to Oranienburg as well; again, is that somewhere you'd spend a few hours or a whole day?

I plan to go to Leipzig for a day to see the Bach-analia there. Looking for advice on whether to spend a night in Leipzig or just take the train down in the morning and back the same evening.

If anyone has a recommendation for the best part of Berlin in which to stay, or good recommendations for clean, safe, reasonably priced hotels, that would be great. I don't need anything luxurious, and enjoy more "local" hotels than cookie cutter international brands. Recc's for good local style restaurants are always appreciated as well.

Thanks for any and all advice! I've been meaning to get to Berlin for years, so I'm really looking forward to it.