FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crazy DL Prices ATL to CUN
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:48 pm
curl

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmac7273
No exaggeration, this was for the last 3 years we've gotten this price with no effort. This was normal. Definitely noticed that snark and decided to not respond.

@curl - we've just been using Google Flights to monitor, which is ok but sometimes alerts are delayed but a lot. i'll check out what you suggested. Thank you!
Try Thrifty Traveler or Thrifty Traveler Premium ($20/year, possible this was a promo rate). It is an MSP-based blogger - instant email alerts on HOT deals. I've found it to be the best real-time alert services but you will have to weed through things that aren't relevant. But emails are only on HOT stuff. Also, you can follow TT (for free) on Facebook.

Isn't finding the deal part of what FlyerTalk is about? I've been around here for 14 years and have used it to better understand loyalty programs (air + hotel) and find ways to maximize my travel spend (including FC and luxury properties). I am still learning things here, from all the seasoned (and much more frequent) travelers!

p.s. we went to CUN in March for $300 and are going again shortly for $300. the deals are out there - and NO, I don't even consider other airlines, I just hate not getting the best deal. I hope you can find the deal you are looking for.