FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Plus or LH PE?
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:14 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by SK2751
Hmm I always queue 3 minutes in CPH, but only do this 2-3 times a year. Perhaps at different travel times.
CPH (like other Schengen airports) has gotten busy lately because they now scan every passport.

Getting through passport control on the night arrivals from LHR has recently taken 15-20 minutes if sitting at the back of the plane.

Departing also takes 10-15 minutes, I usually leave the lounge 30 mins before departure, and previously would get to the gate long before boarding began, but now it seems to be just on time. It's difficult to judge whether the electronic gates or going to a person will be faster. A person may be faster unless there happens to be a non-EU citizen travelling with their family in the EU line, because some people seem to get confused with the gates.

Back on topic, I prefer transiting ARN over FRA, however, LH flies to LCY which may be more convenient for some. Also the SK flights seem to be full of tour groups whereas the LH A380 is rarely full so you can get a "flat bed" in Y. PE won't be full either but you can't move the armrests, so actually I prefer Y, if J is not affordable.

Also I don't like departing HKG in the morning (difficult to get up at 0500 in HK) and connecting means that might not get to destination in London until after dinner time (almost 0500 HK time!)