FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another 241 downgrade story - from F - with no [EC261] compo
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:10 am
YorkieFlyer

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
To put it in slightly more diplomatic terms, I sense a theory has developed in the minds of some that companion vouchers are being specifically targeted for downgrades - ad hoc reports that surface from time to time are being selected to support this theory while reports of commercial ticket holders being downgraded are ignored. Presently,

I am of the mind this is a false theory because:
  • We don’t know the true reason why specific passengers are selected. I have been told by a BA employee who I trust that travelling on a 2-4-1 redemption has no influence in the management of oversold flights. Others here have been told the same

• The assertion that FLY assesses the financial hit of a downgrade is a bit of a red herring. While I understand it is a tremendously clever system, I have my doubts it holds much commercial information, if any at all, on tickets not issued by BA itself, and i’d probably include corporate 125 plated tickets in that category too.

So while this is a fascinating theory and great fodder for us on FT to chew the fat, I don’t believe it is something we need to be overly concerned about.
I' m guessing that Mrs Yorkieflyer and I are first in the firing line if the conspiracy theories are true flying back from BGI on 2 January using a 2 4 1
A further thought I have is what about challenging the lack of likely fulfilment of the BA promise to make available at least 2 CW seats on each flight. We knabbed ours at 355 days out when there were 2 seats made available at midnight, I doubt any more were released for a very popular flight and even if they were we booked the "promised" two seats. A downgrade would surely be breach of contract?