FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar operated BA route (strike)
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:13 am
dca100

Programs: BA EC Gold
I took the 06:55 LHR to MUC booked in CE yesterday. Got to the plane to find it was operated by QR. What a pleasant surprise after a 4:45am start.

Main difference was the very wide and comfortable seat with various electric recline options. Leg room and overall space seemed much better than CW for the rows behind. Service was excellent, although lacking the BA 'warmth' somehow. The breakfast served was nice. I particularly liked having a choice of scrambled eggs or omelette. I chose scrambled which tasted like they were made to order. Not sure if they were or not. Coffee was terrible though. Incredibly worse than BA's! tasted like instant.

My return leg later was in CE. A different experience but kind of reassuringly and pleasantly familiar.

Comparing them side by side I felt it was swings and roundabouts for a flight of this length. I really appreciated the larger seat and greater sense of personal space on QR. On a longer flight it would have made a big difference - closer to a domestic AA F cabin than CE. However I enjoyed CW equally as much in it's own way. The cabin was fine and the service was 'Good BA'.