FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA service hitting rock bottom? (Disappointing DFW-MAD J)
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:00 pm
bosman

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Wink

Originally Posted by ErickG
I recently flew AA J for the first time since last November. This was DFW-MAD. I was really excited about this flight, since they have on this route their new 787-9 with one of my favorite business class seats: the B/E aerospace super diamond.
As the boarding process started we were among the first to board the plane. When we got to the plane we were greeted by...no one. No member of the crew was there to greet the passengers as they boarded the plane. We proceeded to find our seats with no help from the crew. I can manage finding my own seats, but, really? On a long-haul premium cabin, in one of their flagship planes? No one to greet the passengers?
After 15-20 mins. in our seats, finally, a member of the crew came to introduce herself. At least pre-departure drinks were served (always an iffy proposition on AA). The service the rest of the flight was just Meh.
And then , the food. Ughhhh! The worst food I have been served in J, probably ever. It was some kind of creole duck breast that was just inedible.
I flew AA J several times last year and was pleased with what I perceived as improvements in their product, but this flight, this was a big step backwards.
Seems to me to be a lot of hyperbole in your post. From what I can tell, your complaints are: a) no one greeted you at boarding, b) slow PDB service and c) didn't like the food. Yet, to you, this is "rock bottom". I'm certainly not saying this is right or defending AA, but I do think we (all) need to not sensationalize every little issue (but this is FT, so you're just blending in).