FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - who's requiring airlines to ask US green card holders personal questions at check-in?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:15 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
That makes sense... however, I wonder why my friend and co-workers who have been green card holders for 7 to 20+ years have never been asked such questions when they go overseas and check-in for their return back to the US? They travel a lot, at least 8 or more TATL or TPAC trips a year, according to them.(one of them does almost 200k BIS miles a year just on TATL flights)

Edit: I can't believe they all got "lucky" within the last few months and got asked those questions at foreign airports when checking in for US-bound flights all of a sudden. (not after so many years of never experiencing it)
The more frequently a person uses a given airline and its loyalty program for the flown flights, and the more routine a very frequent flying person's flight history is with the airline and its security contractor, the more likely the person is to get a less intense grilling than a person with say a couple of TATL trips a year but spread out on different carriers and to/from different cities.