FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Delta One Tumi Amenity Kits
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:24 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bennos
While it's obviously all well and good to donate this stuff, when I read "Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way" and also the monogramming, it suggests a measurable portion of premium fliers are actually collecting these things (!!!)

This surprises me because IME I'm the only one taking them with me off the flight
I know a few people that collect these, but it's usually one of each type per airline, not every one they get.

Also agree that lots don't use/take them. I normally grab the unused left behind kits on way off plane. (More to give away) Never failed in getting a couple extra.

I did notice that DTW baggage office gives these out for overnight distressed passengers. Curious if they'll use these new ones or the PS kits in future.