FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mice in passengers areas at BOS
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:19 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by inet32
My girlfriend, who is terrified of mice, was waiting for her flight at BOS terminal E last night when several mice started running around the floor near the gate. She sent me videos from her phone. I've messaged her back (she's in her home country, now) asking her permission to post these on YouTube and if she says OK I'll do so and link to them.

Today I called MassPort Logan facilities management and they were unsympathetic, saying that the Boston runways are covered with mice and they can't keep them out and all airports have this problem. I know Boston used to have a problem in 2012 when they were doing construction there but I didn't know they still had one. The management I spoke with made it seem like practically an everyday occurrence.

I've traveled a great deal and my passport is filled with stamps and my girlfriend has even more stamps in her passport than I do and I've never encountered mice in a passenger area or lounge. It wouldn't surprise me if they are common in the lower levels like in baggage handling but are they really as common in passenger areas of airports as Logan management says, and if so why have I and my girlfriend never noticed them before? When I did a Google search on the phrase "mice in airports" I only got 4 hits.
If you remove the quotation marks, you'll get about half a million hits.