FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2017)
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:20 am
JJonahJ

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by alc
Just about to apply Biz SPG (already cancel my Biz Plat) and hence start reading the T&C more carefully. This will be my first Biz SPG (I had Personal SPG before)

So, I read the following (highlighted mine)

Was it always waived for the 1st year for Supp Card? And the way you read it, it seems you can get a few Supp Cards and all get 1st year waived, could this be?

Any of you out there have Biz SPG with Supp Card can provide your experience?

Thanks.

--- Added ---

Just check the Personal SPG and it actually has the exact same words. I had never apply for a Supp Card for AMEX SPG because I thought you need to pay.
alc, like you I'd never noticed the SPG supplementary cards were waived before, at least not ~2 yrs ago when I recall someone asking me about it. Only the Amex Personal Gold and Amex Airmiles Plat cards had 1st-Free + FYF supplementary cards at that time; and I know YOU KNOW why we were discussing this . So, about a year ago, maybe less(?), the SPG supplementary cards became 'free' too.

Remember at one time they had a promo for 1 or 2 free supplementary cards for the Aeroplan Plus Gold card, for 1000 bonus points, and for the AeroPlat it was I think 5000 points but the authorized users had to pay a fee. It was around this time that we were looking over the 'offers' for free supplementary cards, for all of the churn-worthy Amex cards at that time.

Last edited by JJonahJ; Aug 23, 2017 at 8:30 am