FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:56 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The two old PARAFE gates on the left no longer work.

There are new PARAFE gates on the other end, to the right of the non-EU lines. Last time I landed there there a plane from Algeria had also just landed, so it was impossible to see beyond the large mass of people whether the new PARAFE gates were working. Hence, depending on whether you're coming from the right or the left it might be less risky indeed to take the priority line even if there are some people, because walking past it to the new PARAFE gates you may end up finding that they don't work and then you have to go back to the priority lane, which may then have filled up...

What I don't understand is why the biometric gates aren't the *default* for EU citizens? The number of gates and guidance given at Paris airports is a philosophy of "passport control is by an agent, but if you really feel innovative you could also try these new biometric control gates", instead of "EU passport? Go through the machines".
I was talking about departure, and I can attest that one PARAFE gate was working.