FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first long haul economy flight in 17 years
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:03 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Well, if you think you're the hero, spare a thought for me: I'll be flying Y LHR-AKL both ways with only 48 hours in Auckland in between at the start of the Autumn! I'll go QR via DOH so that includes two EIGHTEEN-ish hour segments (one each way!) on the ghastly longest flight in the world!!!

To be honest, why I'm lucky enough to mostly fly J and a fair bit of F long haul (I'm mostly in Y short haul, I find C a complete waste of money), I still do more than occasional long haul Y flights a few times a year. When I am lucky, this is only on transatlantic flights, but I've done Asian ones and yes, Australia and New Zealand returns from Europe too. My last return to AKL was on KL-MH and also for only 48 hours locally, but luckily, KL upgraded me part of the way, which I sadly do not think will happen again with QR as their AKL flights tend to be packed in J!