FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands [Master Thread]
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:43 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by 122554
Since receiving no communication from SPG, (Platinum Member) I thought I'd post my experience at the Westin Grand Cayman.

Watching a sporting event at the lobby bar, I was physically attacked by another guest. A joke comment about his team was all it took to set I'm off. Besides breaking two pairs of glasses, I was left with bruises and cuts to my chest. After taking pictures, the police went to his room and arrested him. I spoke with the GM the following day who had a terrible attitude towards the whole matter.

No compensation and no news has ever been released. Needless to say, I can't recommend this property.
Seems like something is missing here, since you're saying the GM had a terrible attitude towards the whole matter. Were you both "smack talking"? Was drinking involved? Were there other guest whose stay may have been soured by this "occurrence"?

How can you NOT recommend the hotel due to an altercation in the lobby?
How is this altercation a reflection of the property?
How is the property responsible for the actions of two adults?

As per the usual, we're only being presented with one side of the situation. Man would I love to see the hotel security tape and police report.