FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:50 am
mikex163

Originally Posted by skunker
That's not his blog.

Originally Posted by cruisr
Why would it not make sense to do reports on his paid domestic travels. THAT makes no sense. I think there would be more of a readership interest then for other trip reports.
If you want to run his blog, make an offer. Otherwise, you have no say in its content. Just because you think it makes sense, doesn't make it so for him.
I've never seen him review domestic travel except for a few specific instances (new aircraft like the 787 or new services like Mint, and the like), so I don't understand exactly what the surprise is.

Originally Posted by cruisr
So he stopped saying that one can travel for free three years ago? That would be about the time I stopped reading him on a regular basis as I got sick of his credit card shilling so people could "travel for free". I only go over if someone here (whose opinion I respect) mentions something that has been posted on the his blog. Glad to see he has mended his ways and is not claiming that flying in F is free.
So, you spend so much time commenting a blog you don't read? All righty then.
3 years was a completely arbitrary deadline. People that comment the blog after reading it (crazy, I know), know that "free travel" has not been the focus of the blog for a long time.