FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied food in CE when everyone else got served
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:28 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My suspicion here is that they were one down on catering, and decided to look at the PNR dates to decide who was the last to book, which turned out to be you. What may, or may not, have happened is checking CE passengers for their dates of booking amendments, including those who nabbed a last minute POUG or AUP. I'm guessing this was a night stopped morning flight from GLA, which would be more prone to this. If you were booked 48 hours beforehand then there would be plenty of scope to adjust the catering, even on night stops. So I suspect there is more to this story.

I hope you persuaded the SCCM to enter the details of your complaint on the iPad, otherwise you should complain - I think this is in the 4000 Avios area if you were not warned before departure.
Assuming that there are no opup's and non-rev and all passengers are paying and none booked/changed on the day, wouldn't status take precedence over date of booking for the selection of the poor victim of a denied catering that should never have taken place in the first instance? OP is gold, on a paid ticket, and not last minute booked, I genuinely cannot understand what extraordinary person in BA would design a system that should lead him/her to be selected for denied catering.