FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:26 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gcuk
Hi aks120. Always been in awe of the TP runners but have the opportunity to use your creative routing for a family member's stag do in Vegas to avoid travelling in steerage with them on the direct route and of course earn a few extra avios and TPs!
Only problem is having found the routing on matrix, copied it into Book with Matrix, worked though the AA.com booking pages (where the fare quote is in Dollars), the payment page kicks me out when I say I have a UK credit card. What's the trick to pay for this?
Hi, I had the same issue a few weeks ago when I booked my trip. I have an Amex issued in France, and booked the trip on the US AA website via bookwithmatrix.com. I typed my french address on the payment pagel, with the french zip code and kept united states as my country. I believe the system mostly looks if the zip code and house address/number matches the
credit card number. Record locator was immediately given and tickets were issued 10-15 minutes after.
Indeed, my card was charged in USD by amex (the latter added a 2% service fee on top as my account is in EUR)

AA rules for payment using a foreign credit card is shameful in my opinion, even the US call center (the only one you can reach 24/7) cannot process credit cards issued outside the US. Call that a global airline...