FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:23 pm
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Question about changing an AS award.
I currently hold 2 awards OME-SFO in Sept for 20K miles each.
Thinking about changing to different flights on same day. They are now available at 30K each.
1 What would be the change fee in addition to the extra miles?
2 Is there any possibility of changing these flights on the day of departure, provided the award seats were still available? Would there be a fee then as a stand-by?
If it matters, I am AA Plat.
Bumping this up as I leave tomorrow and would like to hear before I leave (if possible).
TIA
Assuming this an award using AS miles..

1. Without AS status, I believe the $125 change fee would apply in addition to miles, unless the 30K level is a refundable fare. I can't remember how AS handles upfares to a refundable class and I'm afraid I'm confusing it with UA in my memory. Easiest way is to go into manage your reservation and choose the change flights options and see what the system wants to charge. Maybe you'll get lucky like someone here did and there's no additional charge.^

2. Standard SDC policy would apply, no need for award availability- https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...t-changes.aspx

No addition benefits for AA elite in either scenario I'm afraid.