FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:54 pm
catdogcatdog

Applied for Global Entry last week and was conditionally approved on Friday. From my research I’ve read, I need to disclose about any arrests in the past during the interview. I was caught when I was 16 shoplifting and was arrested and fingerprinted until my parents came and picked me up. I was a moron, but from what I recall I was never formally charged with anything or at least convicted. I went and spoke to a juvenile case worker who basically told me how stupid I was to do that with the family and excellent grades I had. I did a bit of community service and nothing else happened. I was never sentenced to that community service, I believe it was a type of juvenile diversion program so I wouldn’t have anything on my record when I completed it. That was 12-13 years ago and I have no records of this or even really remember it all that well. I was obviously conditionally approved and will disclose this, but being juvenile records and the fact they were either sealed or destroyed, if they ask about it, how Can I prove I was never convicted? I answered on the application no to the conviction question because I believe the program I completed removed any charges or punishment but I have no record or proof of this. The court records website for that county doesn’t mention anything about being able to access juvenile records. I have an interview in a week and want to make sure I’ve got my ducks in a row. Also if I’m approved, does this mean I’ll get that X everytime because of the arrest? I’ve travelled overseas last year and drove from Canada a few times this year and never stopped at all.

Thank you for the help.