FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through MAN, International
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:23 pm
LordBuckethead
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
MAN - now that LHR and LGW have improved no end in recent years - is easily the worst place for security that I can think of in Europe, on BA's network, though AMS isn't far behind if you don't have Privium. I don't think I'm known for exaggeration but it's dreadful at peak times. Not so bad if there aren't queues.
To which end it is - perversely - significantly a better option to turn up (almost) as late as possible for a flight from MAN. As long as you're there by the time check-in closes (and therefore it can't be deemed your fault) the security staff will do everything necessary to get you on your flight, which normally means taking you straight to the front of the queue. Yes this makes it even worse for everyone behind, but it does give even commoners the chance to feel privileged. The airport knows security is bad there but don't want to do much about it, yet at the same time don't want to face airlines annoyed because their passengers miss flights, so they've found an odd halfway house.