FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through MAN, International
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:40 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
If I'm doing a LHR-MAN-LCY transfer on one PNR with plenty of time between flights can I just stay airside and head to the lounge. Had a horrible experience there at security yesterday.
MAN - now that LHR and LGW have improved no end in recent years - is easily the worst place for security that I can think of in Europe, on BA's network, though AMS isn't far behind if you don't have Privium. I don't think I'm known for exaggeration but it's dreadful at peak times. Not so bad if there aren't queues.

Unfortunately you can't rely on an airside transfer. My two recent MAN-LCY flights were airbridged - something of a novelty in itself in terms of Embraer travel in Europe - and the incoming LHR service would have had airside access, but if the gates were different you could have been made to exit. EDI (which I think you know well) is much better for this.