FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:38 am
ubiest

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Gary999
Hi, I am doing this in January 2018 and would like to ask those who have done this whether you took hold luggage and if so, was this checked in at Frankfurt all the way through to Maldives or did you have to collect it from the conveyer belt at Doha and/or Colombo? The connection at Colombo appears to be 1hr and 15mins, so looks too tight to be collecting luggage. I wondered whether you took hold luggage or just a cabin bag in the cabin? If a Cabin bag, did you put the liquids from the amenity kits into a security bag?

Also, when arriving at Doha and Colombo, do you have to go to a connections area and if so, does this take a long time?

Any other information about flight connecting appreciated as I have never done a connection before. Thank you.
bags get checked all the way to MLE.
Connecting in DOH is straightforward, and the QR business lounge is in the central area, if you have OWS or higher status.
Connections in CMB are dead simple, for tight connections the staff will be at the end of jetbridge directing you to the gate. IME 1h15m is generous connection time. Plus the flight arrives at 05:55, which is not at all busy.
It will be really easy, nothing to fret about.