FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frugal Travel Guy
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:43 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
IB owns a ton of sites (just bought wedMD for example). FTG is 'just' associated with FT by being under the 'home & travel' cluster: http://www.internetbrands.com/our-br...me-and-travel/

I really don't think IB aims to have the same set of rules for all their websites.
I'm aware of IB's scope and of course I wasn't claiming that someone at IB sits around trying to match up every single detail for every site - I'm not an idiot.

That wasn't my point, which was merely that FT has some thought put into its posting principles whereas FTG will write just about anything for the clicks. The fact that they currently share the same "adoptive parent", is just interesting.

But note that FTG isn't "just" under their common travel ownership grouping - it's closely linked with FT. It's a part of the FT home page as one of the regular grouping of post links shown (in the lower left) and FTG posts are also often among the rotation of scrolling features in the larger flash graphic at the very top of the FT home page. So someone, somewhere, at some level, is making a decision to pull FTG content onto FT and it does give an impression of FT endorsement of that content IMHO.

And in this case the FTG post in question was initially featured on the FT front page@:-) Had it not been, I probably wouldn't have made that particular comment in this case.

I understand there's nothing any of us can do about it, just an observation.