FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International upgrades
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:42 pm
PDX37

Programs: UA 1K PM/MM, HA Plat 75k+
Recently was able to piece together answers to most my questions through various calls and communication.

6 Systemwide upgrades are earned at 75K. This was off the benefits chart but in the footnotes as I said earlier in the thread.

1 Systemwide cert for an additional 10K flown past 75K is still part of the program. I suspect this may go away in 2018 because it is not written anywhere now, it was removed when the chart was modified it seems.

Certificates are pulled according to their expiry dates irregardless of their "class". I had North American certificates that were newer (later expiry) than my systemwide certs and the Systemewide's were pulled for a flight to the West Coast. That's a real waste and Hawaiian fixed this on my account, I am greatful for that fix.

Used certificates cannot be reinstated if somehow there is a mixup. There will be extensive notes put in your file and you have to direct the new agent when making a reservation to decipher the notes. This led to further issues and complication.

Still didn't get an answer about the paper certificates I received last year when I achieved different mileage levels. I am not talking about the yearly welcome kit. No one I talked to really knew what I was talking about.
I used those paper certificates (with the certificate numbers on them) to track my usage of them. Oh well, maybe they are just delayed or discontinued.

In the end, HAL fixed everything and confirmed there was no change to the benefits (thankfully). I am happy that this was the outcome. I hope there are not substantive changes for 2018. Anyone know when they announce that?

Well done HAL