FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:07 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I meant to post this earlier, but I just had some of the best Polaris (Business) experiences recently, and am wondering if it is because the FAs are more familiar with everything.

The August LAX-LHR flight was on a 787 and the FAs both greeted me by my name when I boarded, proactively offered me the "mattress" when it was obvious I was going to sleep, asked if I wished to be woken for the pre-arrival snack (and then were all smiles when I changed my mind at the time it was being served). When I asked for their views of the couple of meal selections very helpful. The PDB was served but not in those silly cups but a regular cup. I requested the gel pillow (such a wonderful item for sleeping and yes I left it on the plane) and the slippers (which I took with me and left in my final hotel room).

On the return August LHR-SFO flight on the 747, there was no PDB as the catering had not yet been loaded, but this was explained to us and they gave us all a bottle of water. Requested the gel pillow and slippers for the flight (and left both on the plane when I left). Again, FAs greeted passengers by name and were a delight.

I sent in notes to UA about both wonderful experiences as my first Polaris flight was horrible and that with the GPU issues I was experiencing started my move away from UA flights. After these two recent experiences I booked my next flight with UA.

Note: I have not tried the hard product yet as it is not on the flights I travel (yet).