FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:32 am
ELOW

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by radiolarian
Just got back from LV. Upon arrival, the lot was pretty empty. As empty as I've ever seen it. Eventually ended up with a 2016 Chrysler 300 that had some rattling front-end noise that didn't surface until several days into the rental. At least the interior didn't seem like it was a 30k+ mile car. Guess Hz LAS didn't hear about the new 2017 300S models with the nice fat rims, rear sunshade, and built-in NAV?

Also saw the classic several year old F-class Chevrolet Impala. Are these things ever leaving the fleet? Like the Dodge Avenger, I think Hz has an affinity for this car for some odd reason. Also present were 1 Shelby Hz, several MB C63(S), Stingray, a couple 2016 Regals, a few standard F-class, a few compacts, 1 Q70, and 1 Q50.
I'm curious which day did you pick up?

Originally Posted by onedollar
Have a good trip! Please post what you saw on Friday night. I could have picked up the car on Friday night but chose Saturday morning based on previous responses just to be safe.

I picked the Q60 because I had to drive to Southern California and wanted to drive on Angeles Crest Highway, one of my favorite driving roads. I figured the Q60 would be the best car for the job otherwise I might have gone for the 5.0 Mustang for pure speed. But the Q60 was a great car. Good looking, fun to drive, fast, and comfortable for the long haul.
that is a nice drive...the 5.0 is a nice car but definitely not over the Q60. I've had the 5.0 a couple times and although it drives a lot better compared to previous mustangs, I don't think it is as nice as a Q60 in terms of driving expierience unless you're talking about the Shelby GT-H.

I will keep you all posted on what I see when I arrive.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 5, 2018 at 5:47 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged