FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Airlines Customer Service
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:29 am
nyc10036

I realize I am resurrecting an old topic here, but I just had to chime in... I had a simple reservation issue that could not be resolved, so I called HA's 1-800 CS #.

An agent with a very heavy international accent (and she sounded very much like some of my colleagues from South Asia) answered, and I apparently caught her on her very 1st day on the job! For instance, even when I spelled out and explained, she didn't know the basic concepts like PNR (Passenger Name Record) and TCP (Total Complete Party), and I had to use a dozen synonyms...but she still didn't understand the nature of my request--to the point (I think) she was asking me why I needed to have my travel companion's PNR linked to mine or to establish TCP. More importantly, I had a hard time understanding what she was saying.

So, I hung up and called again. This time, I get somebody that was a lot more fluent in English--but just as "fresh on the job" as the first rep. So, I hung up again and tried the DM on Twitter. They respond immediately, and I am given a # to text my inquiry because they apparently don't provide CS on Twitter. So, I texted. A guy responds, saying I needed to call the 1-800 CS number I had called earlier because text wasn't secure.

I called yet again. Another agent answers, and she was able to help me with no problems.

Greatly inconsistent (as in "mostly poor") CS, giving a customer the runaround, etc. are all bad signs, and many businesses have suffered as a result. I hope HA's upper admins are aware of this...