FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gibraltar & Schengen immigration
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:32 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by fleuve
(2)
Am I eligible, as a OW sapphire card holder(RJ), to use Fastrack service in Heathrow? (I checked the BA website, it says yes; but it showed no on the Oneworld website)
If you are talking about fast track security, despite what the OW website says, BA Silver (OWS) gets it at LHR T3 on BA flights, so I think RJ OWS would also get it.

As you will be arriving by 0500, you won't need fast track security

If you wish to enter the UK, then you should be given a fast track immigration voucher in J or F, but you may need to ask for it, and you definitely need to ask for it if you are in W or Y.

However you don't need to enter the UK unless you want to (if you go through Flight Connections then don't go through the UK and Ireland channel, which will involve passport control).

You will definitely get a Gibraltar entry stamp when entering by air. Obviously you should try your best to get a Schengen entry stamp, but if you can't, then pointing out the Gibraltar entry stamp and showing your boarding passes or other proof you were outside Schengen a week prior, should suffice. It is going the other way and not being recorded as leaving Schengen which may prove problematic.

7 years ago a Spanish policeman patrolling near to the border specifically told me that they don't stamp passports when entering Spain from Gibraltar. I had already walked into Spain and after 10 more minutes of walking around in the dark I could not find anybody else. I don't know if that policeman was just lying because he was too lazy to open up the office and find someone to apply the stamp, or if he was inexperienced. I now have a British passport but I want attempt using my non-EU passport around this border next time.